By Dennis Barry, President for IntelliPoint Technologies
This is a really cool feature within Dynamics GP 2010. It allows users to quickly and easily email single documents, batches of documents and/or multiple documents from within a GP list. The user can select which documents they would like to send and also select which customers/vendors should receive their documents in email. This feature also integrates to the Microsoft Word forms feature shipping in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010. Therefore, the user can send the customized Microsoft Word forms that they have created to their customers and vendors.
These are the documents which are supported: Sales Quote, Sales Order, Sales Fulfillment Order, Sales Invoice, Receivables Invoice, Receivables Return, Receivables Debit Memo, Receivables Credit Memo, Receivables Finance Charges, Receivables Warranty, Receivables Service/Repair, Standard Purchase Order, Blanket Purchase Order, Drop Ship Purchase Order, Drop Ship Blanket Purchase Order and Vendor Remittances.
- Documents can be sent as either as an HTML, XPS, PDF, or DOCX attachment.
- Documents can be embedded into the body of the email.
- Customized messages can be created for each document and customer/vendor combination.
- Multiple documents can be combined and sent in a single email.
- Documents can be sent to a “To,” “Cc” or “Bcc” address.
- Can direct replies to a specific individual or address.
Here’s what the email capabilities within GP looks like. First, notice the setup screens. It currently supports the Sales and Purchasing series:
Here, I’m sending an invoice to myself (you can lookup email addresses in your Outlook Contacts by clicking the “To,” “Cc” or “Bcc” button).
This is a cool new feature in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 that I wanted to share with everyone. I believe it could really help with efficiency in the office. I hope this was helpful!