Beat the Heat
Are You Making These
With Your Company's Server?
How To Ensure The Heat Doesn't Fry Your Server (And Your Data!)
With the “dog days” of summer upon us, many business owners are looking for ways to keep their company's sales and profits HOT, while keeping their IT expenses COOL. But if proper attention is not given to your server and network equipment during the summer, all that heat outside can actually cause serious damage to your server, causing your system to crash and burn - literally!
Excess heat IS a big problem for all computer equipment, including laptops and PCs. But since your server is carrying the load, overheating will cost you more in electric bills and problems. And once a server gets too hot and blows out, it weakens components so that they are more susceptible to failure forever afterward, not just during the particular moment they overheated.
“9 Steps Every Business Owner Must Know To Prevent a Server Crash"
Here are a few things, simple things, you can do to prevent your server and network equipment from overheating and crashing this summer:
- Tidy up the server room; a neater room will increase air ﬂow.
- If you have more than one server, arrange them in a row so that the cold air comes from the front and is expelled out the back.
- Keep the doors to the server room closed and seal off the space to prevent dust buildup which can
- Keep the doors to the server room closed and seal off the space to prevent dust buildup which can contribute to electronic equipment overheating.
- Make sure cold air reaches all the equipment.
- Have a redundant A/C that is specifically designed for computers.
- Buy a rack enclosure where the cooling is built in to the bottom of the rack.
- Keep the temperature at no more than 77 degrees.
- Use blanking panels over any empty spaces on your server rack.
- Consider virtualization so you are generating a lower amount of heat in the ﬂrst place.
During the month of August, Protect Your Server and Computer Equipment from Frying!
Just as our way of saying “Thanks for giving us a try,” we'll come on site and put your server, computers and network through a battery of tests to check their health, security, speed, and performance and to make sure they won‘t overheat. This “Beat The Heat” special visit includes a 27-Point Problem Prevention Network Audit with recommendations on how to:
- Diagnose slow, problematic computers
- Detect and remove hidden spyware
- Check your privacy settings and network security
- Speed up your network
- Block annoying pop-up ads
- Make sure system errors, conﬂicts, and other problems go away, finally and forever
- Know with absolute certainty that your data is backed up
- Get the best performance out of your existing equipment
This offer expires August 31, 2012 so call us at 304.733.3687 or submit your information today!